With RCM Digesters, dairy farmers can turn manure into clean energy and profitable byproducts. RCM works with dairy managers to find the best options for their sites by looking at factors such as:
- climate conditions
- method of manure collection
- total solids content (the weight of manure without water)
Due to the large number of variables, RCM favors reviewing the dairy site prior to recommending a digester type. Dairy farms can use any type of RCM digester, including:
- Complete Mix – A good option for colder climates, Complete Mix systems can also digest food waste which increases energy yields.
- Heated, Stirred, Lined – This digester adds the functionality of heating and mixing to the cost savings of a lagoon set up.
- Covered Lagoon – Favored in climates that are warm year round and for flush-collected manure. This simple technology can be highly cost-effective.
- Plug Flow – Requires undiluted dairy manure, such as scraped.
Manure mixed with sand presents a special engineering problem that RCM can review with the farm.
To find out more about why RCM Digesters are the most efficient and technologically advanced systems on the market, click here.